Surus Job Description: Account Manager
At Surus we empower people with the tools to become leaders.
We work with political candidates, nonprofit organizations, community organizers, and anyone trying to make change in the world and bring about free-market solutions. Our customers come in all shapes and sizes, from small-town organizers trying to win their school board elections, to political parties, or large advocacy organizations. To learn more about Surus, read about our vision & mission.
Surus is seeking an Account Manager to join our team. Applicants in the Northern Illinois area are preferred for this role, but strong applicants elsewhere in the state will also be considered. He or she must be a self- starter willing to bring technological and political-organizing solutions to our Republican and politically conservative clients across Illinois. While most of our client servicing is remote, the position may require occasional travel within Illinois.
Account Managers take primary responsibility for the onboarding and ongoing success of customers. Combining technical expertise in the NationBuilder product with a deep understanding of customers’ goals and desired outcomes, they coach the leaders of campaigns, non-profits, advocacy organizations, and a wide variety of other customers on how to use the NationBuilder platform to achieve their objectives. If you’re passionate about equipping leaders to build something meaningful in the world, we’d be excited to have you join the team.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for your assigned customers, assuming overall responsibility for the success, satisfaction, and retention of your customers
- Build strong relationships with your customers and gain a deep understanding of their unique needs and priorities, helping them translate their goals into milestones that can be achieved using the Surus suite of tech/ NationBuilder software
- Master the NationBuilder product, common challenges facing customer communities, and the best ways to leverage NationBuilder across varied use cases with eyes for sales and scalability
- Manage your customers’ service renewal and upgrade engagements to success, both as the primary point of contact and in collaboration with the Sales team
- Drive successful use and adoption of NationBuilder among your customers by providing day to day troubleshooting support, strategic coaching and guidance, and by tracking and escalating product issues
- Identify risks to customer retention and collaborate with other internal teams to remediate them
- Represent the voice of your customers with Product/ Engineering/ Development teams to help drive the right improvements to the software/ processes
- Embody empathy, stay calm under pressure, and have a can-do attitude
- Contribute your best ideas, thoughts, and strategies to help make our team more effective
We are looking for:
-Adaptability - you should be comfortable working with both technical and strategic points of contact both at customer organizations and within Surus
-Ability to work in a fast-growing, dynamic environment
-Ability to work with and help Republican candidates and conservative political causes
-Attention to detail and pride in always delivering quality work
-Passion for technology and familiarity with key concepts of online engagement
-Exceptional verbal & written communication skills in English; you should be comfortable communicating frequently on the phone, over video call, and in written form. Proficiency in additional languages is a plus.
-Experience using NationBuilder is a major plus, but not required- tech generalists.
Bring your whole self to work: a positive, constructive and open attitude is welcomed and expected. You should feel free to be yourself and help the company grow by doing so.